Intensive 12-day handsewn shoemaking course New York
- 12 day Shoe Making Intensive course, taught by James Ducker & Deborah Carré - £2400
- 8 – 20 May 2017 (follows Pattern Making for Bespoke Shoes)
- Maximum 7 students
- Venue: Brooklyn Bespoke, Williamsburg, New York
- Hours: Monday - Saturday; 9:30am - 5;30pm
- Book Shoe Making and Pattern Making for Bespoke Shoes together - £2949 (includes discount).
- Book Shoe Making, Pattern Making for Bespoke Shoes and Closing Bootcamp together - £3448 (includes discount).
Learning completely new skills is an exciting challenge. When those skills are taught by working master craftsmen, it becomes a truly unique experience.
On these 12-day, intensive shoe making courses, you start with a pair of lasts to use in your chosen size (the forms the shoes are made on); a pair of leather uppers (in a choice of 2 colours) and the “rough stuff” leather pieces that you need to construct your shoes. You are then guided through the 200+ stages involved in making a hand welted pair of shoes.
The courses are physically and mentally demanding with some 96 hours of class time. The course fee includes a set of essential tools for you to keep (worth £110). At the end of the course, you walk away with a pair of shoes that you have made yourself and a set of comprehensive course notes so that you can keep on making!
We also help to get you started on your next pair with advice, tools and materials (with a 20% student discount).
Places on all courses are filled on a first-come, first-served basis so please download, complete and return your booking form as soon as possible. To see a shoemaking course in action, visit our blog. Please contact Carréducker on +44(0)20 7813 0093 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, to check availability or to pay a deposit. Remaining payments are collected two months prior to the course start date.