Terms & Conditions
Important Legal Notice
These pages and the documents referred to on them, set out the terms & conditions (conditions) upon which we supply any of the goods and services described on www.carreducker.com.
www.carreducker.com is a site (website) operated by Carreducker, the trading name of Carreducker London Limited a company registered in England with a company number of 9462657 and with our registered address at Studio W9, Cockpit Arts, Cockpit Yard, Northington Street, London WC1N 2NP; Company number: 9462657.
Please read these conditions carefully. By accessing this Website and ordering any goods “you”, as the consumer purchasing goods, agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. We recommend that you keep a copy for future use. Please understand that if you refuse to accept these conditions, you will not be able to order any goods or book services from the website.
Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, please contact us by e-mail email@example.com or call us on +44(0)20 7813 0093; 10am – 6pm; Monday to Friday.
- Conditions – means these terms and conditions
- Product – means a product displayed for sale or a service described on the Website
- Product Description – means that part of the Website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual Product or Service are provided
- Users – means the users of the Website collectively
- Personal Information – means the details provided by you on registration
- We/us – means Carreducker London Limited
- Website – means the website located at www.carreducker.com or any subsequent URL which may replace it
- Cookies – means small text files which our Website places on your computer's hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer
- United Kingdom – means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands
- You – means a user of this Website
By placing and order or making a booking through our website, you warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
- You are at least 18 years old
- You are not impersonating or misrepresenting your identity; and
- You accessing our site from the country where you reside
- You are purchasing goods/booking a service as a consumer. If you wish to purchase any goods for business purposes then you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You notify us of any changes to your Personal Information by contacting us by email email@example.com or calling us on +44(0)207813 0093 between 10am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
- You notify us of any breach of security or unauthorised use of your account
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
You may place orders online / make bookings at any time; processing will take place during the week day working hours Monday to Friday (excluding UK public holidays and company holidays)
Use of the website
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed / bookings made by you must be strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
Using the Online Store
- At the checkout you will be invited to review and accept the conditions by ticking the box alongside the link to our conditions in order to proceed to place your order. Once you have placed your order you will be directed to a secure environment where you will be asked for relevant payment details.
- Once payment is authorised, you will receive an email from us confirming your order, the price of the goods, their availability and the delivery costs. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy the goods. All orders (whether through the website or by email or telephone are subject to acceptance by us. We will confirm such acceptance to you by sending a further email that confirms that the goods have been despatched (the Despatch Confirmation) and the contract will only be formed when we send you a Despatch Confirmation.
- The contract will relate only to goods whose despatch we have confirmed in the Despatch Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply and other goods that may have been part of your order until the despatch of such goods has been confirmed in a separate Despatch Confirmation. Any descriptions or illustrations of the goods do not form part of the contract and any typographical error or omission n sales literature, quotation, price, email confirmation, invoice or other document or information issued by us are subject to correction without liability on our part.
- Any advice or recommendation given by us to you as to the storage, application, preparation, adjustment or use of the goods is acted upon entirely at your own risk.
- Whilst every effort is taken to ensure all items are in supply, occasionally some items may be temporarily out of stock. In the event of supply difficulties, we reserve the right to substitute goods or packaging of equal quality and value.
- Orders can only be accepted subject to availability of the goods in question. In the unlikely event of an item being unavailable at the time of despatch we will advise you immediately in writing (including by email), offer you alternative goods or colour, or refund accordingly.
Description of products
- Each product purchased / service booked is sold subject to its Description. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system.
- Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time, may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order.
Colours, shapes and sizes
Whilst all reasonable care has been taken in producing the Carreducker online store, we cannot guarantee that the colour reproduction is an exact match with the goods sent to you. Different displays and settings mean that slight variations may occur. Whilst we endeavour to be as accurate as possible, all material sizes quoted are approximate.
We reserve the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or Change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Price and Payment
- Payments must be made when you place an order. Carreducker London Limited payment pages are held on Worldpay secure servers. We do not retain your credit card information. Worldpay will carry out the necessary payment verification processes and we will check your contact details and availability of the goods on receipt of your order. If we are unable to supply any goods for any reason, we will inform you as soon as possible and we will provide you with a refund for those goods within 5 working days.
- The price to be paid by you is the price displayed on the website at the time when your order is received by us except in cases of obvious error.
- If we discover an error in the price of the goods ordered by you, we will notify you as soon as possible providing you with the option of either reconfirming the order at the correct price or cancelling the order. If we are unable to contact you for the purpose of this condition, the order will be deemed cancelled and where you have already made payment for the goods this will be refunded in full.
- We are under no obligation to provide goods to you at an incorrect (lower price) even after we have issued a Despatch Confirmation if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as miss-pricing.
- We accept multiple payment methods outlined on our payment page. Only if your payment has been authorised will your payment account be debited.
- Subject to the other provision of these conditions, we will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and similar loss), costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly by any delay of the delivery of the goods (even if caused by our negligence), nor will any delay entitle you to terminate or rescind the contract unless such delay exceeds 90 days.
- If for any reason you fail to accept delivery of any of the goods when they are ready for delivery, or we are unable to deliver the goods on time because you have not provided appropriate instructions, documents, licenses or authorisations:
- Risk in the goods will pass to you (including for loss or damage caused by our negligence);
- The goods will be deemed to have been delivered;
- We may store the goods until delivery, whereupon you shall be liable for all related costs and expenses (including without limitation, storage and insurance).
- We may deliver the goods to you by separate instalments. Each instalment is a separate contract and no cancellation or termination of any one contract relating to an instalment shall entitle you to cancel any other contract or instalment.
- It is your responsibility to check the goods for any damage and that they are what you ordered upon receipt and you must inform us of such damage within 14 days of delivery. If you fail to inform us of any such damage, you are deemed to have accepted the goods.
- Whilst every effort is taken to ensure all items are in supply, some items may be temporarily out of stock. Orders can only be completed subject to availability of the goods in question. In the unlikely event of an item being unavailable when we receive your order we will contact you immediately by email. We will advise the expected delivery time for the outstanding item(s) so that you can choose whether to wait, to cancel said item or for us to deliver the items separately.
- We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
- If you ordered goods from our site for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we do not have control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- Please note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the goods are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
The Contract Between You And Us
The contract between you and us is created as follows:
- You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website
- We will send you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from carreducker.com
- As your order is shipped we will send you a despatch confirmation email.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the order unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions set out in these Terms & Conditions
- Your credit/debit card will be charged when you place your order
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- Your not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms & Conditions
The contract will be concluded in English.
Orders & Refunds
We’re sorry that in most circumstances it’s not possible to make changes to your order once you’ve placed it.
- To add products to your order please place a new order for these items
- To change details of the delivery address, remove items from your order or cancel it completely please contact us for advice on +44(0)20 7813 0093 between 10am – 6pm Monday to Friday or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (to arrange returns only). If your order has already been placed or delivered then you will need to return any unwanted products to us
- There are some products which we cannot cancel, refund or exchange including made-to-order items
- If your order has not arrived, arrives incomplete or damaged please email us on email@example.com or call us on +44(0)20 7813 0093 10am – 6pm, Monday to Friday.
- We are committed to providing a quality service to you and value your views, opinions and feedback on any goods which have been supplied to you or the service which we have provided to you. If we have not performed any of our duties to a satisfactory standard please contact us and we shall endeavour to put right any problems.
- If the complaint relates to the quality or specification of goods please refer to our refund policy. For any other complaints, queries or to provide us with feedback, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We shall endeavour to contact you within 7 working days of receiving your email and shall work closely with you in trying to resolve any problems fairly and quickly to ensure that both our goods and the services which we have provided to you are to your satisfaction.
- Returns and Refunds (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 / Distance Selling Regulations)
Standard Returns Policy
All shoppers based in the EU may return unwanted items by exercising their rights under the (Distance Selling Regulations) as detailed below. We also offer a standard returns policy which covers returns or exchange of any unwanted item(s).
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services
- If you wish to exercise your right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract bin writing including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address. You can cancel by email email@example.com or call +44(0)20 7813 0093
- Items should be returned in an unused, re-sellable condition and in the original packaging wherever possible. Returns that are damaged, soiled, altered may not be accepted and may be sent back to the customer.
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation. You should return the goods to Carreducker London Limited, Studio W9, Cockpit Arts, Cockpit Yard, Northington Street, London WC1N 2NP. We recommend that you retain proof of sending, in case of a dispute.
- You will receive a full refund for the value of your order, including shipping costs, within 30 days of receiving your notice of contract cancellation. If we do not receive the cancellation order, we will arrange to have it collected from you at your cost.
- We will refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for the goods. Credits for returned goods can only be processed back to the original account used for payment.
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
- Your right to return products does not apply to goods made to your specification that have been clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned
- If the goods we deliver are damaged or defective of the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem within 14 days of the delivery of the goods in question. If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which you ordered them, you must notify us in writing at our registered company address of the problem within 40 days of the date on which you ordered the goods.
- If you notify a problem to us under this condition, our only obligation will be, at your option:
- to make good any accepted shortage or non-delivery
- to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or
- to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose
- Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for an indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problems you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under the item above
- Nothing in these conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or fraud.
The goods will be at your risk from the time of delivery (or deemed delivery). Ownership of the goods will pass to you when we have received payment for the goods from you in full and the goods have been delivered to you.
Security & Privacy
We hope you enjoy the ease and convenience of shopping on carreducker.com. Your confidence in our website and your internet security are really important to us.
- Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and we promise never to release your personal details to any outside company for mailing or marketing purposes.
- When you make a purchase from our website, we do collect certain personal information from you (for example: your name, email address, payment address and details). All such information is held on secure servers. Carreducker London Limited complies fully with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation, and we’ll treat all your personal information as fully confidential.
- In order to serve you most efficiently, reputable third-party banking (including PayPal) and distribution institutions e.g. Worldpay handle our credit card transactions and order fulfilment. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card and to process your order. All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
- We’ll always comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other relevant legislation. Please do let us know if your details change so that we can continue to stay in touch. We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation.
- When you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input and will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password.
- You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service
- We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner's Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
- To administer this website;
- You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
- Your Personal Information may be disclosed to others within Carreducker London Limited and to reputable third parties who will help process your order. Carreducker requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place. We will not release your Personal Information to any company outside of Carreducker London Limited for mailing or marketing purposes
- You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so
Your transaction security
Carreducker.com is secure. We realise how important it is to securely store any information that you provide. Carreducker.com uses World Pay for online transactions as we take the privacy and security of your payment and personal details very seriously.
- Phishing is the practice of tricking someone into giving confidential information. Examples include falsely claiming to be a legitimate company when sending an e-mail to a user, in an attempt to get the user to send private information that will be used for identity theft and fraud.
- We'll never ask you to send any personal details via email. If we require such details, for security reasons we'll ask you to contact us by phone. Should you receive an email claiming to be from carreducker.com requesting this kind of information, please don’t respond and do let us know.
Intellectual property and right to use
- You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
- You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may (if necessary to make a Purchase) download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
Compliance with laws
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
Disclaimer of liability
- We take all reasonable effort to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, but we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
- We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
- To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your Contract Cancellation Rights.
- We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for: any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or any loss of goodwill or reputation; or any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions.
- Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees
If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. Any changes to these Conditions must be in writing and signed by both parties. In this way, we can avoid any problems surrounding what Carreducker London Limited and you are expected to do. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your Statutory Rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the Conditions.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
For any queries regarding our service, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +44(0)20 7813 0093 or post. Our company details are:
Carreducker London Limited
Registered office: Studio W9, Cockpit Arts, Cockpit Yard, Northington Street, London WC1N 2NP, United Kingdom.
Registered in England: Company registration number 9462657: VAT No. 971750110
CARREDUCKER SHOEMAKING SCHOOL - TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following Terms & Conditions apply in conjunction with those set out above relating to carreducker.com
Full payment of the course fees must be received at the time of booking. Your place on the course cannot be guaranteed until full payment is received.
Methods of Payment
- Fees can be paid by cheque payable to Carréducker London Limited. Post to Carréducker London Limited, Studio W9, Cockpit Arts, Cockpit Yard, Northington Street, London WC1N 2NP
- Payment by bank electronic transfer or Banker’s Draft is accepted for UK and overseas residents. For overseas transfers, please add £15 to your fee for the additional bank charges to be made to us and provide us with the transaction reference number. Our bank details are:
Bank: Yorkshire Bank
Account name: Carréducker London Limited
Account number: 29815226
Sort code: 05-02-00
- If your company is paying for the course fees and would prefer to be invoiced, please write to us on your company’s headed paper and send a company purchase order with your booking form. Payment is required within 30 days of the date of the invoice.
Minimum age requirement
We cannot accept bookings from or for students under 18 years of age.
Materials and equipment
- The Intensive Shoemaking Course fee includes a set of tools for the student to keep: lasting pliers, a knife, two awl blades and handles, a bone, a tape measure and a silver pen
- Please see the course description on our website for details of the additional materials which you will need to bring with you.
- Please note that we will make every effort to provide a last that is an approximation of your shoe size. There is NO GUARANTEE that the shoes that you make will fit you, but we will do all we can to make the fit as good as possible at the socking stage.
- If you want a good fit, please order a pair of bespoke lasts. You will need to contact us at least three months before the start of the course and we will take you through the measuring process. Please note that adjustments will still be needed on bespoke lasts to perfect the fit.
- If there are places available on a course we will accept bookings right up until 14 days before the course commences.
- Late applicants will usually have their place on the course confirmed by telephone or email. If, however, you have not received confirmation within 24 hours of your application it is your responsibility to check availability and receipt with us on +44(0)20 7813 0093
Cancellations by us
- Please note that courses have minimum attendance levels and may be cancelled if too few bookings are received.
- We reserve the right to amend or cancel courses, change course location and substitute lecturers and tutors.
- If we cancel a course we shall endeavour to give you at least one week’s notice. You will receive a full refund of the fees, which we will return to you within 30 days.
- We will not be liable for any losses (including, but not limited to, travel and accommodation costs) as a consequence of any modification or cancellation of courses or timetabling constraints as set out above beyond the cost of the course fee.
Cancellations by you
- If you wish to cancel your place on a course your request should be made in writing/by email.
- If your written request is received more than 12 weeks prior to the course start date, you will be entitled to a full refund, less an administrative charge of £30 to cover our costs.
- If your written request is received between 12 and 4 weeks prior to the course start date, you will be entitled to a 50% refund, less an administrative charge of £30 to cover our costs.
- If your written request is received within 4 weeks of the course start date you will not be entitled to a refund unless a replacement student can be found for your place.
- If a replacement student is found prior to the course start date, you will be entitled to a full refund, less an administrative charge of £30.
- If you are unable to attend a course you are permitted to transfer your place to a substitute student up to one month before the start date.
- We must be notified in writing of the substitute student’s name and there is a £30 administration charge for each substitution.
- Substitutions cannot be accepted after the course has started.
- Non-attendance of classes due to illness or for personal or professional reasons does not provide the right to refunds or extra tuition.
- However, in such an event we will consider all the circumstances and take such action that we consider to be fair and reasonable.
- If a class is postponed for reasons for which we are responsible, including staff illness, we will make every reasonable effort to reschedule the class or to add the missed hours onto the remaining course classes. We apologise for this inconvenience and urge you to ring us on +44(0)20 7813 0093 if you have any concerns.
- We shall not be liable for any failure or delay in the performance, in whole or part, of any or our obligations arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving our workforce or the workforce of any other party), act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm, pandemics, epidemics or other outbreaks of disease or infection, failure in the public supply of electricity, heating, lighting, air conditioning or telecommunications equipment.
- As we may need to contact you in the two weeks prior to the course start date, please ensure you include your contact details in the relevant country (UK / New York) when making your booking.
- Please ensure that your place is confirmed and the course is running BEFORE you make any travel arrangements. We do not offer refunds for travel or accommodation costs in accordance with Clause 6.4 above.
- Students who book onto short courses are not eligible to apply for a Student Visa. We recommend you contact the British Embassy in your own country to check visa requirements before you book your course.
- If you cannot attend a course because you have not obtained a visa to enter the UK, no refund will be offered.
- All classes are taught in English. Applicants whose first language is not English should note that they are required to be proficient in written and spoken English. As a guideline we would expect you to have an IELTS score of 4.5.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and to recognise that other students also require support and assistance. If a student becomes persistently disruptive we reserve the right to offer a verbal or written warning and, if this does not resolve the situation, we may, at our discretion, ask the student to leave the course.
- On completion of your course, and having attended the minimum number of hours required, Carréducker London Limited will provide you with a certificate of attendance. The name given on the booking form will be the one that appears on the certificate. It is not feasible to examine and grade your ability of work or depth of knowledge, therefore the certificate of attendance is not a qualification
CarreDucker bespoke shoe service
These terms and conditions apply to the bespoke and made to order services supplied by Carreducker, the trading name for Carreducker London Limited and include all footwear made by Carreducker to order or to commission including boots, shoes, slippers etc.
Any quotation given by Carréducker is an invitation to place an order with the company only and is valid for 90 days from its date.
Confirmation of Order/Contract
- A binding contract arises when
- the bespoke shoe order form is signed by the customer and Carréducker
- a deposit for half of the total amount is paid by the customer
- The detailed specification of design, style, materials and service is provisional, being subject to confirmation of suitability and availability by Carréducker from third party suppliers.
- The final design and materials specification must be signed off by both Carreducker and the customer. This forms part of the binding contract. The customer can make design or material changes up until this point. If design or material changes are made after this point Carreducker must assess the impact on the price and completion date. The customer must agree the changes to the final cost and completion date, in writing, before Carreducker will progress the order.
- Times or dates in the contract for fittings and subsequent delivery are estimates only and are not binding.
- Carreducker must notify the customer of readiness at each stage of the shoemaking process
- Completion of the lasts
- Design of the shoe and selection of materials
- Readiness of the uppers
- Readiness for fittings
- Readiness of shoes/boots
- Despatch for trees to be made
- Completion of order and readiness for delivery / despatch
- The customer must notify Carreducker of their availability for fittings.
- Carreducker must notify the customer when they are ready for fittings to commence and to agree dates convenient to both parties
- The customer must make themselves available for the number of fittings required by Carreducker until they, the customer, are happy with the fit
- Making of the shoes will not commence until the customer has signed the section of the order form confirming their agreement with the fit, style of shoes and confirming the finishing details.
- Carreducker accepts no responsibility for any defect in the materials or specification of construction.
- Carreducker must consider the effect of the change on price and time to completion.
- Carreducker has the right to amend the contract (for example to change specifications, times or price) where:
- Any goods or services to be provided by a third party become unavailable or become available only on changed terms
- Before completion by Carreducker, the customer's feet change or health change and do not conform to the brief on which Carréducker’s quotation was based (for example, the customer's gait or foot measurements change).
- In those circumstances, the customer must notify Carreducker of the changes and allow Carreducker to re-assess their effect on the contract and the product. Any amendments must be agreed with the customer as a contract change or must be the least change that it is reasonable for Carreducker to make.
- The customer must pay:
- 50% of the initial contract price on signature
- The remainder of the contract price on completion
- Carreducker will provide VAT invoices or pro-forma invoices accordingly.
- The customer must alert Carreducker if they reside overseas and are collecting their shoes and will therefore be VAT exempt, so that Carreducker can prepare the necessary paperwork.
- The customer must alert Carreducker if they are EU citizens; if their need for bespoke shoes is on medical advice, so that Carreducker can provide the appropriate letter for VAT exemption.
- The customer may pay by cheque, banker’s draft, BAC, debit/credit card and American Express, but not Diners Club. Carreducker reserves the right to apply a 2% surcharge to any credit card payments to cover charges levied by the bank.
- Carreducker must receive cleared funds before delivery. All goods remain the property of Carreducker until payment has been received in full.
- Carreducker will strive to deliver all goods on the notified date, but Carreducker cannot be held responsible for any delays out of its control.
- Carreducker considers the contract complete, when the customer has taken delivery of the goods (personally or through an authorised representative), inspected them with Carreducker, tried them on and accepted them as satisfactory.
Wearing in / fitting tolerances
- A ‘good fit’ in footwear is an entirely personal experience. The quality of the leather and construction of Carréducker shoes means that they need to be ‘worn in’ an hour at a time indoors initially until the customer can wear them all day comfortably.
- Leather is a natural material and so is subject to variations in colour, texture and appearance.
- No guarantee is given that the items supplied to the customer will be exactly the same as those displayed in showrooms, illustrations or samples.
- Occasionally Carreducker may vary details of the design or manufacture of items, which may result in the items supplied, differing slightly from showroom displays, illustrations or samples provided to the customer.
- The prices stated in a quotation or contract are VAT- inclusive. VAT is charged according to law and at the rate prevailing at the time of invoice.
- Carreducker warrants in respect of all items manufactured and supplied by Carreducker (subject to wear and tear and damage caused by the customer)
- for 1 year from delivery that all seams, heel top pieces, soles and toe plates remain satisfactory
- for 5 years from installation that all construction will be and remain satisfactory
- These warranties do not affect any statutory rights.
- Any indication given as to the time of delivery is for guidance only and Carreducker cannot be held responsible for any consequential loss arising from delivery delays.
- Carreducker warrants any repairs carried out on its shoes (subject to wear and tear and damage caused by the customer).
- If the customer takes a pair of Carreducker bespoke shoes to be repaired or adjusted anywhere other than Carreducker, the warranty becomes void. Carreducker does not warrant any customer’s shoes that have been worked on or repaired by any other cobbler or shoemaker.
All notices given by you to us must be sent either by email to email@example.com or by post at the address set out in this document. We may give notice to you at either the email address or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in this document. Notice will be deemed to be received and properly served immediately when posted on the website, 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after that date of posting any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter that such letter was properly address, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email, that such email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
Any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales in respect of any disputes arising in connection with the Website, or any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices or any matter related to or in connection therewith.