Introduction to Leathercraft – Card Case or Key Fob
- Time: 6:30pm – 9pm Thursday evenings
- Book by: Two weeks before the course starts
In one evening you will make either a beautiful, Italian leather card case – perfectly sized for travel, business or bank cards – or a beautiful leather strapped key fob with a chunky clam clasp and keyring.
This is a great introductory course to stitching leather with great results at the end!
Starting with a set of tools and the pre-cut leather pieces (we use press knives for crisp, sharp edges and a great-looking, finished product) we will show you how to:
- Heat crease the edges
- Cement the layers of the card case together / attach the hardware to the key fob
- Finish the edges with fine sandpaper and gum tragacanth
- Punch the stitch holes
- Set your work in a clam
- Stitch using pre-waxed thread and a pair of needles
There’s no greater feeling than the satisfaction of making something yourself or you could share the experience with a gift card.
Card case / key fob leather
Hardware for key fob
Stitch hole punches
All the materials needed for the course are provided and aprons are available for your use, but please wear trousers so that you can use the stitching clam comfortably.
See our full Terms & Conditions here.