Footwear Pattern Making Class – the Loafer
- Dates: 15 and 16 March
- Time: 9:30am – 5pm
- Book by: Four weeks before the course starts
Footwear pattern making is an essential part of shoe design, helping to create stylish and well-fitting shoe uppers for distinctive, bespoke shoes.
On this practical, two-day course you will learn the various footwear pattern making skills required to make paper patterns by hand, for a Loafer shoe (a slip-on).
Working either on your own lasts or ours, you will make a full set of patterns (including linings) for a classic Loafer shoe. These, and the comprehensive notes supplied in class, will provide a strong foundation from which to create your own Loafer footwear patterns in the future.
The footwear pattern making course is taught by Fiona Campbell, MA who teaches the pattern making techniques through demonstration, trial and guidance including:
- Familiarisation with the shoe last
- Taping and designing onto the shoe last
- Making a paper mean forme
- Learning about edge treatments and seam allowances
- Making a standard from the shoe last
- Creating the loafer pattern pieces from the standard
All the materials needed for the course are provided.