Family Workshop – Make a Personalised Leather Zip Pull, Name Tag and Key Fob
- Please email us to check availability on the date that you would like to book your family experience
- Thursdays or Fridays: 4pm – 6pm; Saturday 10am – noon
- Booking conditions: minimum 4 people and maximum 10 people; book two weeks before the course starts
On this fun, family workshop you will make a trio of beautiful, Italian leather fobs that can be used as a zip pull, bag tag or key ring. (You will be working with off cuts of leather from our shoe making and leather projects so, as well as learning new skills, you will be helping us to recycle!)
You will start with the three key rings, screw rivets, pre-cut leather pieces and the tools you need to make your fobs. Then through demonstration, trial and guidance we will show you how to:
- Use a heat creasing iron to mark the edges
- Polish and smooth the edges with gum tragacanth (a natural product)
- Mark and stamp the strap with your name or initials
- Mark and punch the hole for the screw rivet
- Attach the screw rivet
There’s no greater feeling than the satisfaction of making something yourself. We hope that this practical course will encourage you all to keep making things together.
Our courses also make a great gift and can be purchased using our gift cards.
All the materials needed for the course are provided.
We require a minimum of 4 people to run the course and a maximum of 10. Children must be aged 11+ and be accompanied by at least one adult for every two children.
See our full Terms & Conditions here.
10 in stock