Dixon Vintage Leather Stitching Chisel / Pricking Iron x 21 Point
Rare vintage stitching chisel (to punch the holes) by renowned British workshop Joseph Dixon founded in 1843.
The chisel is in good condition with just one missing tip. It has 21 sharp points and makes fine, angled holes (see photo). These are traditionally used for marking the stitch holes before using a diamond awl to make the holes, however these have been refined by the maker and are sharp enough to punch the holes without a diamond awl. (The holes pictured were created with a single rubber hammer strike in a 2mm piece of veg tan leather).
It is stamped J. Dixon & Sons and the number 14.
This is one of three chisels with the other two carrying 13 and 6 points.
1 in stock
Delivery and returns
Delivery & Returns Info.
- Shipping – We process and ship online orders once a week on a Friday. They are trackable and signed for via Royal Mail or Parcelforce. We’ll let you know what the tracking number is when we ship. We aim to process all other orders within 7 days and we alert customers to any out of stock items or delays with their orders.
- Change an order – It’s not always possible to add to or change your order but call us straight away and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Returns & Exchanges – You can return or exchange items, but please let us know your intention by email to email@example.com. Return the item in an unused, re-sellable condition within 14 days. Send to Carreducker London Limited, Unit 1.20, The Courtyard, OXO Tower Wharf, Bargehouse Street, London SE1 9PH by a tracked & signed for service e.g. Royal Mail or Parcelforce
- Refunds – We will issue a full refund for the value of your order, including the original shipping costs, within 30 days of receipt of the item in an unused, re-sellable condition.
- Out of stock –If an item is temporarily out of stock, we will contact you immediately by email with an expected delivery time for the item. You can choose to wait, to cancel your order or for a separate delivery when we receive the item.
- Exemptions – The right to return products does not apply to the following; goods we make to your specification, that we clearly personalise or which, by reason of their nature, are non-returnable
See our full Terms & Conditions here.