Bespoke Hand Sewn Glove Making Workshop
- 12 August – 16 August
- Time: 10am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- Book by: Two weeks before the course starts
This intermediate leather work course is the perfect ‘next step’ if you have already completed Riina’s introductory course or if you are looking to top up your hand sewing skills.
On this five-day course you will learn to make a pair of beautiful, hand stitched gloves in soft leather.
Join luxury glove designer and maker Riina O‘ to learn how to hand stitch a pair of soft, leather gloves.
Working in soft glove leather you will:-
- Learn about the History of gloves: wearing and making; well known glove makers, workshops and types of gloves around the world; and about modern day gloves
- Have an introducing to leather and tools for glove making; glove anatomy and patterns; different types of stitch and decorative points; glove care
- Learn how to measure your hand, to adjust a standard glove pattern to fit; glove design; and where to position the pattern on leather
- Marking and cutting a trial glove
- Creating and making a simple pair of hand stitched gloves
By learning to make a pair of gloves in this traditional way, you are learning skills which date back to the middle ages. Only a few skilled professionals around the world, like Riina, continue to make gloves by hand in this way, so it is exciting to have the opportunity to build on existing skills and to continue the craft yourself.
There’s no greater feeling than the satisfaction of making something yourself. Our courses, classes and workshops offer the perfect opportunity with a choice of evening, weekend, day and short courses either for yourself, or as a gift using our gift cards.
All the materials needed for the leather work course are provided.
Please note that we need a minimum number of four students to run the course. Please see our full Terms & Conditions here.
8 in stock