3rd Wedding Anniversary Gift
- Please email us here to arrange a date for your class allowing 4 weeks lead time
- The class is for 2 people
- The class is around 3 hours long
In this private class to celebrate your third wedding anniversary, you will make two beautiful leather accessories – an Italian leather card case, perfectly sized for travel, business or bank cards and a leather strapped key fob with a chunky clam clasp and key ring.
Personalise your accessories with each other’s initials, a special date or a memorable number for you both.
Then toast your special third wedding anniversary with a glass of fizz (or a non-alcoholic drink).
This is a great introductory course to stitching leather with great results at the end!
Starting with a set of tools and the pre-cut leather pieces (we use press knives for crisp, sharp edges and a great-looking, finished product) we will show you how to:
- Heat crease the edges
- Cement the layers of the card case together / attach the hardware to the key fob
- Finish the edges with fine sandpaper and gum tragacanth
- Punch the stitch holes
- Set your work in a clam
- Stitch the case using pre-waxed thread and a pair of needles
There’s no greater feeling than the satisfaction of making something yourself, particularly when you make it for the one you love.
Why not book the class as a surprise or give it as a present using one of our beautiful gift cards.
All the materials needed for the course are provided and aprons are available for your use, but please wear trousers so that you can use the stitching pony comfortably.
- We use the finest Italian veg. tanned leathers in our leatherwork from small tanneries, members of the Consorzio Vera Pelle Italiana Conciata Al Vegetale in Tuscany and oak bark tanned bridle leather from J & FJ Baker in Colyton, Devon
- The leathers are waxy and wonderfully tactile
- The pieces for our kits and classes are cut from the sections of leather that we can’t use in our shoemaking, so they help us to reduce waste.
- Veg. tanned leather is a natural, organic material; the tone and depth of colour of the leather varies and will change with use and age, developing their own beautiful patina over time.
See our full Terms & Conditions here.