Discover Making – Key Fob Kit
Part of the Carreducker Discover Making series of kits, this is a great way to learn the English heritage technique of saddle stitch AND to make something beautiful for yourself or as a gift. The key fob is made from natural veg. tanned leather in a choice of Chocolate, Tangerine or Black and the hardware is reassuringly chunky. (If there’s a particular colour of strap you would like, please email us and we’ll see what we can do).
- 1 x instructions sheet
- 1 x veg. tanned leather strap, backed and punched
- 1 x clam clasp in nickel or gold
- 1 x keyring in nickel or gold
- 1 pair of needles threaded with waxed linen thread for stitching
- Cotton webbing
- 1 pot of leather craft glue
- 1 pot of gum tragacanth
- The leather for our kits and classes is cut from the sections of leather that we can’t use in our shoemaking, so they help us to reduce waste.
- We use the finest Italian veg. tanned leathers in our leatherwork from small tanneries, members of the Consorzio Vera Pelle Italiana Conciata Al Vegetale in Tuscany
- The leathers are supple, waxy and wonderfully tactile
- Veg. tanned leather is a natural, organical material; the tone and depth of colour of the leather varies and will change with use and age, developing their own beautiful patina over time.
See our full Terms & Conditions here.