Discover Making – Card Case Kit
£48.00 – £68.00
Part of the Carreducker Discover Making series of kits, this leather craft kit is a great way to learn the English heritage technique of saddle stitch AND to make something beautiful for yourself or as a gift. The card case is made from natural veg. tanned leather in a choice of Chocolate, Tangerine or Black. (If there’s a particular colour you would like to make, please email us and we’ll see what we can do).
- 1 x instructions sheet
- 1 x veg. tanned leather card case glued and punched
- 1 pair of needles threaded with waxed linen thread for stitching
- 1 pot of leather craft glue
- Cotton webbing
- 1 pot of gum tragacanth
If you would like your card case personalised with numbers or initials (up to 5 in total) , please select at checkout and email us with your request. (The personalisation will go on in the middle of the outside pocket). There is an additional fee of £20 for personalisation.
- The leather for our kits and classes is cut from the sections of leather that we can’t use in our shoemaking, so they help us to reduce waste.
- We use the finest Italian veg. tanned leathers in our leatherwork from small tanneries, members of the Consorzio Vera Pelle Italiana Conciata Al Vegetale in Tuscany
- The leathers are supple, waxy and wonderfully tactile
- Veg. tanned leather is a natural, organical material; the tone and depth of colour of the leather varies and will change with use and age, developing their own beautiful patina over time.
See our full Terms & Conditions here.