In-Studio Leathercraft Class
- Please email us to arrange a date for your course
- We are taking bookings for groups of up to 4 people from September 2020
- This is a 3-hour class
In this small-group class you will make either a beautiful, Italian leather card case – perfectly sized for travel, business or bank cards – or a beautiful leather strapped key fob with a chunky clam clasp and key ring.
This is a great introductory course to stitching leather with great results at the end!
Starting with a set of tools and the pre-cut leather pieces (we use press knives for crisp, sharp edges and a great-looking, finished product) we will show you how to:
- Heat crease the edges
- Cement the layers of the card case together / attach the hardware to the key fob
- Finish the edges with fine sandpaper and gum tragacanth
- Punch the stitch holes
- Set your work in a clam
- Stitch the case using pre-waxed thread and a pair of needles
There’s no greater feeling than the satisfaction of making something yourself. Why not try a class yourself or share the experience with a friend and give it as a present using one of our beautiful gift cards.
Card case / key fob leather
Hardware for key fob
Waxed linen thread
Stitch hole punch
All the materials needed for the course are provided and aprons are available for your use, but please wear trousers so that you can use the stitching pony comfortably.
See our full Terms & Conditions here.