Open House London – Leather Craft Workshop
- Wednesday 1 September
- Thursday 2 September
- Friday 3 September
- Time: 10am – 12.30pm
- Book by: Two weeks before the workshop
Starting with a set of tools, materials and the pre-cut leather pieces you will be shown how to make a luxurious, veg. tanned Italian leather card case and key fob. (Please note that we pre-cut the leather using press knives to give crisp, sharp edges for a great-looking, finished product).
Through demonstration, trial and guidance you will learn how to:
- Personalise your items with up to 3 initials
- Cement the leather together
- Smooth the leather edges with sandpaper
- Decorate the edges with a creasing iron
- Mark and punch the stitch holes
- Set your work in a stitching pony
- Use a thread and stitching needles to stitch your work together
- Polish and protect your finished piece with gum tragacanth
All the materials needed for the course are provided and aprons are available for your use, but please wear trousers so that you can use the stitching pony comfortably.
As you make your booking, please choose the colour of card case and key fob that you would like to make and the colour of hardware for the key fob.
We require a minimum of 4 guests to run the class and take a maximum of 6 guests in a class so there is plenty of one-to-one guidance and instruction.
There’s perhaps no greater feeling than the satisfaction of making something beautiful by hand. Our courses, classes and workshops make a genuinely unique gift…definitely different, memorable, rewarding and great fun. You can find our gift cards here.
- The leather for our kits and classes is cut from the sections of leather that we can’t use in our shoemaking, so they help us to reduce waste.
- We use the finest Italian veg. tanned leathers in our leatherwork from small tanneries, members of the Consorzio Vera Pelle Italiana Conciata Al Vegetale in Tuscany
- The leathers are supple, waxy and wonderfully tactile
- Veg. tanned leather is a natural, organical material; the tone and depth of colour of the leather varies and will change with use and age, developing their own beautiful patina over time.
Terms & Conditions
See our full Terms & Conditions here.