Father’s Day Shoemaking Workshop
£375.00 – £475.00
- 21 June – Father’s Day UK
- Time: 10am – 6pm Saturday
- Book by: Four weeks before the course starts
Looking for a unique and special father and son/father and daughter experience on Father’s Day? Why not learn to make your own shoes? On this one-day shoe making course you will learn one of the most important elements of shoe making, hand lasting.
Hand lasting is the stage of pulling the leather shoe upper over the last (the forms that the shoes are made on) and securing it in place first with nails and then contact cement. It is one of the most important, because a hand lasted shoe has a beautiful shape, exactly following the contours of the last.
At the end of the day, your shoes will be sent off to our specialist cobbler to have a leather sole and heel attached before being carefully boxed up and delivered back to you ready to be worn! If you would like to keep your shoes looking at their best we also offer shoetrees made especially to fit them.
When you book, simply choose your size, style, colour, detailing and whether or not you would like shoe trees. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email us email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
- All materials are provided
- You will be asked to select your shoe size, shoe style, leather colour, detailing and whether or not you want shoe trees at checkout. We recommend coming in to the workshop to try on our samples to check your size , if you are able, simply email us firstname.lastname@example.org when you make your booking.
Chilled water, tea and coffee are available throughout the day and there is a one-hour break for lunch at 1pm. (There are a host of pubs and restaurants nearby to choose from including The Eagle, Westland Place, Itsu, Honest Burger and Bone Daddies).
We have a maximum of four guests in a class so there is plenty of one-to-one guidance and instruction.
Terms & conditions
See our full Terms & Conditions here.