Make Your Own Trainers: Drop-In Course
Email us to arrange 4 days that suit your schedule – evenings, days or weekends.
On this 4-day shoe making course you will make a pair of leather trainers / sneakers using specialist Storm welting construction on a standard sized trainer last.
Through demonstration and guidance we will guide you through
- Preparing your insole
- Lasting your uppers
- Stitching on the foxing (the strip that sits around the trainer / sneaker) using Storm welted construction
We will then send off your shoes to be finished with a lightweight, flexible micro sole.
We will lace and sock them before arranging for you to collect them / to ship them to you.
- All of the materials needed to make the trainers are provided
- There’s a wide choice of upper colours to choose from
- As standard: the foxing is a natural leather colour, made from oak bark tanned welting and stitched with natural coloured thread; the eyelets are antique bronze; the lining is natural, veg. tanned leather
- You will be given a comprehensive set of course notes to keep
- Kits and additional tools and materials are available to buy from the Supplies Shop at Carreducker
The fee for the 4-day course is £995
Maximum 4 students (so there is plenty of 1-to-1 teacher time!)
See our full Terms & Conditions here.