Make Your Own Shoes – Wedding/Civil Ceremony
- Dates: Email us to arrange a date – minimum 2 guests / maximum 4 guests
- Time: 10am – 5pm
- Book by: Please allow at least 12 weeks before your preferred date
Looking for a unique pair of shoes for your wedding or civil ceremony? Why not join us with a small group of friends to design and and make your shoes? You could all choose the same colour and style or mix and match to suit your special day.
- A sleek Wholecut shoe, an Oxford or a Derby shoe
- Details including plain toe, toecap and brogue punch patterns
- Your leather colour – black, dark brown, tan or burgundy (or an alternative colour by arrangement, just let us know what you have in mind).
On this fun, one-day shoe making course you will learn one of the most important elements of shoe making, hand lasting. Hand lasting is the stage of pulling the leather shoe upper over the last (the forms that the shoes are made on) and securing it in place first with nails and then contact cement. It is one of the most important, because a hand lasted shoe has a beautiful shape, exactly following the contours of the last.
At the end of the day, your shoes will be sent off to our specialist cobbler to have a leather sole and heel attached before being carefully boxed up and delivered back to you ready for your special day! If you would like to keep your shoes looking at their best we also offer shoetrees made especially to fit them.
Once we have arranged a date we will contact each of your guests to send a pair of sample shoes to try for size or arrange for them to visit our workshop in London, to ensure the best fit.
All materials are provided
Chilled water, tea and coffee are available throughout the day and there is a one-hour break for lunch at 1pm.
A minimum of 2 guests and a maximum of 4, so there is plenty of one-to-one guidance and instruction.
See our full Terms & Conditions here.
6 in stock