5-Day Shoe Pattern Making Course – Oxford, Derby + Loafer
- Duration: 5 days
- Time: 9:30am – 5pm
- Book: Email us to arrange a date
- Location: SW London
Shoe pattern making is an essential part of the bespoke design process. This course equips you with the foundations and skills to develop your own bespoke designs based on the three classics – Oxford, Derby and Loafer shoes.
On this practical 5-day course you will learn the skills required to make accurate, well-fitting patterns by hand; essential to creating well-proportioned, well-fitting uppers. Time permitting, you will then be able to develop your own shoe design, starting with a sketch or photograph as inspiration, using the skills and techniques you have learned.
Working on the last, you will make a full set of patterns (including linings) for each style . These and the comprehensive notes supplied in class, will provide a strong foundation from which to start transforming your own designs from drawings into shoe patterns.
The course is taught by industry expert Fiona Campbell, MA who teaches the pattern maker’s techniques through demonstration, trial and guidance including:
- Familiarisation with the last
- Taping and designing onto the last
- Making a paper mean forme
- Learning about edge treatments and seam allowances
- Making a standard from the last
- Creating the pattern pieces from the standard
All the materials needed for the course are provided.
Fees vs Group Size
The fee shown is for a 1-to-1 course, but we are able to train up to four people at once and the fee per person will be adjusted accordingly.
Covid – Health & Safety
- Students will be socially distanced at the work bench
- Students are asked to bring their own lunch and water with them
- Each student will have their own set of tools to work with
- Hand sanitiser and disposable paper towels will be made available in the classroom and washrooms
- NHS tracking is displayed on site and students are asked to check in on arrival
See our full Terms & Conditions here.
1 in stock