Introduction to Leather Work – Glove Making
- 22 June
- 24 August
- Time: 10am – 2pm Saturdays
- Book by: Two weeks before the course starts
On this leather work course you will learn to make a beautiful, archery-inspired two-fingered glove in soft Pittards leather.
Join luxury glove maker Riina O‘ to learn to hand stitch a two-fingered, archery-inspired glove.
Working in soft glove leather from Pittards, you will:-
- Be introduced to the luxurious exclusivity of bespoke and made to measure gloves
- Be introduced to hand stitched glove making
- Measure your hand size and cut a pattern in card
- Draw and cut the pattern from leather
- Hand stitch the gussets and the sides of one glove
This is the perfect introduction to this traditional hand-stitch craft which dates back to the middle ages. Only a few skilled professionals around the world, like Riina, continue to make gloves by hand in this way.
We hope that this introductory course will inspire you to pursue your own hand stitched projects in the future.
There’s no greater feeling than the satisfaction of making something yourself. Our courses offer the perfect opportunity with a choice of short evening, half-day and one-day leather work courses either for yourself, or as a gift using our gift cards.
All the materials needed for the leather work course are provided.
Please note that we need a minimum number of four students to run the course. Please see our full Terms & Conditions here.