Make Me: Alphabet Stamp Kit
The Alphabet Stamp Kit is great fun to add your name, initials or an important date to your leather work.
The Alphabet Stamp set is of 6mm letters and number 0 – 9 so as well as personalising your work you can also get creative with the set to make shapes, symbols and creatures using them. Upside down Vs make great animal ears, a horizontal zero makes a nose and I’s make good whiskers.
The hammer has special acrylic heads so that it doesn’t damage the end of your stamping post.
Here’s a few tips to help you to get stamping:
- The letters simply clip onto the end of the post
- Hold the post upright and push it down firmly onto the surface before you strike it with the hammer
- Keep focused on the end of the post where you want to hit it
- It’s better to strike once hard than lots of gentle taps
- To avoid wasting your leather and making a mistake on your finished work, why not practice your stamping first on a thick piece of cardboard?
- Use a piece of masking tape to space out your letters evenly
- It’s worth noting that simple letters like ‘J’ and I’ need a more gentle hit than complex letters like ‘B’ and ‘M’
How lovely to make something yourself and to then give it a personal touch!
All of our kits and courses make great gifts!
- 1 x set of instructions
- 6 x pre-punched leather straps
- 6 x screw rivets
- 3 x key rings
- 3 x clam clasps
- Small pot of gum tragacanth
- 6 x cotton webbing
All you’ll need to provide is a screwdriver.
- We use the finest Italian veg. tanned leathers in our kits from small tanneries, members of the Consorzio Vera Pelle Italiana Conciata Al Vegetale in Tuscany
- The leathers are supple, waxy and wonderfully tactile
- The pieces for our kits are cut from the sections of leather that we can’t use in our shoemaking, so they help us to reduce waste.
- Veg. tanned leather is a natural, organical material; the tone and depth of colour of the leather varies and will change with use and age, developing their own beautiful patina over time.
See our full Terms & Conditions here.
9 in stock (can be backordered)