Low Derby Boot Pattern – 3-Day Intermediate Course
- Date: 20 – 22 January 2020
- Time: 9:30am – 5pm
- Book by: Four weeks before the course starts
The Derby boot is a wardrobe essential and the basis for so many popular boot designs. Creating an accurate, well-fitting boot pattern is essential to creating well-proportioned, well-fitting uppers and boots.
On this practical 3-day course you will learn the skills required to make paper patterns for a low, Derby boot by hand. Time permitting, you will then be able to develop your own low boot design, starting with a sketch or photograph as inspiration, using the skills and techniques you have learned.
Working on the last, you will make a full set of patterns (including linings) for a classic, low Derby boot. These and the comprehensive notes supplied in class will provide a strong foundation from which to start to create your own Derby boot design in class and in the future.
The course is taught by Fiona Campbell, MA who teaches the pattern maker’s techniques through demonstration, trial and guidance including:
- Familiarisation with the last
- Taping and designing onto the last
- Making a paper mean forme
- Learning about edge treatments and seam allowances
- Making a standard from the last
- Creating the pattern pieces from the standard
All the materials needed for the course are provided.
See our full Terms & Conditions here.
2 in stock