We are really pleased to be able to offer these rahn files as we have struggled for many years to find a toolmaker who could make them.
They are used to smooth the seat when you are building heels using leather lifts. After you cut the seat, use the rahn file after each finishing stage to smooth the top of the seat to give a really professional finish – no more fluff on your seat!
They are made from high grade tool steel with sharp teeth. The edge is smooth and will not damage the upper (you may want to check on a piece of scrap leather before you use it on a shoe just to test and you might want to file the edges a little more to fine tune it). The ebony handle feels steady in the hand. Brass ferrule
It is an exceptional tool and will complete your tool set. Highly recommended
Delivery and returns
Rahn File Delivery & Returns Info.
- Shipping – We process and ship online orders once a week on a Friday. They are trackable and signed for via Royal Mail or Parcelforce. We’ll let you know what the tracking number is when we ship. We aim to process all other orders within 7 days and we alert customers to any out of stock items or delays with their orders.
- Change an order – It’s not always possible to add to or change your order but email us straight away and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Please email us email@example.com
- Returns & Exchanges – You can return or exchange items, but please let us know your intention by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Return the item in an unused, re-sellable condition within 14 days. Send to Carreducker London Limited, Unit 1.20, The Courtyard, OXO Tower Wharf, Bargehouse Street, London SE1 9PH by a tracked & signed for service e.g. Royal Mail or Parcelforce
- Refunds – We will issue a full refund for the value of your order, including the original shipping costs, within 30 days of receipt of the item in an unused, re-sellable condition.
- Out of stock –If an item is temporarily out of stock, we will contact you immediately by email with an expected delivery time for the item. You can choose to wait, to cancel your order or for a separate delivery when we receive the item.
- Exemptions – The right to return products does not apply to the following; goods we make to your specification, that we clearly personalise or which, by reason of their nature, are non-returnable
See our full Terms & Conditions here.